Sunday, February 06, 2011

Quinn's 2nd Birthday - table, cake and other pics

Following on from the food, bunting, cake toppers, focaccia and party bag posts... lastly... just some table pics. I think we may need a larger table somehow... I ended up leaving a couple of things off but they weren't too important. I'm seeing myself following a bit of a theme and for now, that's okay. Zeke's Party is similar but different. His own theme and chosen 'just for him'. Heck... once there's double figures reached in our house, the parties then become for the 'milestone' birthdays (who says which ones are...aren't they all?) - so it's 'pick a friend or two and let's do something special' instead... but for now... I get to have the fun as well as them!


The cake is the usual one layer 'devil's cake' and the other layer vanilla, with vanilla frosting. Very 'rustic' put-together... the cakes weren't totally even but I let it be this time... (which is unusual for me!) Oh and a splodge of strawberry jam between the bottom layer and the cake stand, to keep the cake from slipping. It was ~very~ windy so the bunting flags round the table had a bit of a challenge but sticky tape mostly managed to hold them on.



under the foil is fruit kebabs much like the usual ones we have, except these were just cubes and stars of watermelon... and 'phlums' for my little fruit-bat-man, Quinn!


Oldest sister, youngest brother blowing out the (barely lit at this stage!) candles...



All up I think it was a good day. A little 'another play at the park' for Quinn in some ways but just as the others did, so he'll get the hang of it as he gets bigger. Thanks to everyone who took time out of their Sunday, came and made it a fun and special morning...

and one more pic from today. Our Quinn...



born two years ago today... becoming the youngest brother to Brooke, Jake, Zeke, Brenna ... not as quickly born as his bigger brother, but just an hour and a half or so labour and I was so thankful he was finally in my arms, warm and alive. We love you Quinn. Happy Birthday matey. xo

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Happy Birthday Quinn - I love your cake, just beautiful, what frosting did you use?

Stay safe with those bushfires okay.

dixiebelle said...

Oh, that cake looks divine!

Kristy said...

oh I missed these comments - sorry guys!

Lesley, thankyou for Quinn's birthday wishes :) The frosting is Betty Crocker vanilla. I know it's not home made but it's reliable and doesn't have too many 'nasties' in it comparatively. And it tastes great. :)

Thankyou Dixiebelle! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...