Thursday, December 03, 2009

November Boy...

In November, Jake turned 8... my biggest boy. Here is his cake - a little 'rustic' on the finish but he loved it and that's what counts. The little cars are made of icing so everything but the candles was edible. Not bad for someone who doesn't really 'do' cars often... although I should know by now, shouldn't I! It's based on the Women's Weekly one, although I use my preferred cake base and icing as usual.



Normally I do this but this time, one half of the eight was a choc cake and the other half was an egg-free, nut-free, dairy-free banana cake. Thankyou bags were named to make sure that egg-free, nut-free, gelatine-free went to the right children - simple overlocked little red bags this time with rainbow wool to tie round them. Jake wrote the name tags on :) Food was fruit kebabs on paddlepop sticks and lots of them, corn chips, popcorn and I can't remember something else... Jake and his friends had a great day at a park we really enjoy time at. Happy Birthday my Jake!

2 comments:

Niki Jones said...

Kristy, you are sooo talented. Rustic, I don't see rustic, I see Amazing. Well done. Such a special cake for your special boy.
Hope everything is going along well for you all.

Love Niki

Kristy said...

Thanks Niki :) I'm often popping in to see how you're doing on your blog. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...