Saturday, August 02, 2008

A finished project, and something else...

Saturday 2nd August...

Well finally I have taken the opportunity to sit down at the sewing machine... and I have (finally!) finished my part of a swap. It was only need a few final touches and it's now done - yay! Here's some pics of what the recipient will find in their postbox... All the nappies are made from the Very Baby pattern, some are overlocked, some are stitched and turned, one is Snappi-able. All have bamboo velour as an inner, hidden soaker, or stitched in flip out soaker. One has a cute monkey suedecloth inner with matching label on the front... Also in there are some mini-wipes for the little girl, so bath or nappy change her dolls, while Mum does the same with her new little brother.

Also, the first something special for the New Baby arrived a week or so ago from the lovely B... it's to be turned into an itsy soaker to go on the new bum - and with B's knitting skills and choice in wool, and the love that will be stitched in along the way, what a truly wonderful and much appreciated hand made item for the newest Bum!
I hope I have been able to capture the colours well enough with the photo B! I am glad I am not going to have to be responsible for knitting it up because I know I certainly couldn't do it justice - heck, I can barely knit a square lol so thankyou B & Girls, what a very spoilt little bum this will be! xo

And just for fun here's my belly at 13 weeks and 2 days, late at night and after a full dinner... I must take a morning daytime one, to see how much of that belly is 'stomach muscles give up after 3pm!' and/or 'gee there's a lot of dinner in there!' and how much of that is actually 'belly'. Needless to say as usual there's more belly there than people are used to seeing at 14 weeks, but I don't mind - something to rub while thinking Baby thoughts. And another thing, while some dispute it's possible - my guys as they have popped out early, have also made themselves 'felt' early - with little sensations rather like a paint-roller slowly gliding round in there as well as little fish bites - and if you've been fishing you'll know what I mean about that. So have been able to feel that for a couple of weeks now, which is something just lovely! Adious for now!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...