so I thought I'd list some of the party foods we've done or seen that we liked, and pics if I have them, in case anyone is looking for ideas for birthday parties! Of course you need to ensure for yourself, that the food is age and diet appropriate.
- fruit kebabs - done on paddlepop sticks instead of pointy skewers. Put whatever types of fruit you like, and optional drizzle of melted chocolate
- popcorn - plain, buttered, salted, however you like it.
- piled-high platter of watermelon wedges
- muffins - home made in advance and frozen you can accomodate any guest with food allergies or intolerances, or life-style choices. Optional to ice/frost as cupcakes in a chosen colour or to match the party theme or with children's initials. Also optional flavours - banana, sultana, carrot cake muffins etc
- Wedges - home made if you like - sauces and sour cream for dipping
- shaped sandwiches - use favourite biscuit cutters to cut to shape to match the theme of the party, or the favourite of the Birthday Child.
- Orange 'boats', celery boats
- dips and assorted things to dip in them!
- home made sausage rolls/pasties etc - always a hit and you know what's in them - again you can freeze and gently reheat if you prefer to make in advance.
- home made slice, cake, biscuits etc - again you can customise to the party 'theme' if you have one
- for sausage sizzles I recommend (thanks Aunty R!) the mini hotdog buns especially for smaller children as they rarely eat it all!
- Honey Snaps or Honey Joys
- Weekender Biscuit