Monday, May 20, 2013

Lime Cream Cheese Frosting on Carrot Cake

While I was visiting last week, I was lucky enough to take home some limes (thankyou H).  Tonight I used them for a recipe and emailed:
I decided I would have to recipe hunt to figure out what I wanted to make with them.  Tossed a few ideas around and then today decided that I had some Philly cream cheese in the fridge so I'd make a carrot cake with lime cream cheese frosting (instead of lemon cream cheese frosting).  Suffice to say if the cakes don't hurry up and cool there won't be a lot of icing left... taste testing, you see ;)





and boy it IS nice which is why the cakes should hurry up and cool!  Well, one cake anyway.  I made two, one to wrap and freeze and one to ice tonight with this delicious frosting icing stuff.  It's a different taste of course to lemon cream cheese frosting but definitely delicious. 





One day when we finally get fruit from our tahitian lime tree out the back, I know the first thing I'll be making with them!  Thanks H&E for the limes, which in turn formed part of dessert tonight.  Yum!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...