Saturday, January 26, 2013

Kraul Basket Cable Car Kit

I ordered the Kraul Basket Cable Car Kit for the children for Christmas but they were popular (apparently I wasn't the only one who liked them!) and we had to wait for more stock to come from Germany.  That's ok, it's good to have to wait sometimes, patience and anticipation.  Tracie from Dragonfly Toys was lovely, excellent customer service.  This week, the basket cable car kit arrived.




It was set up yesterday late, after 6pm.  It was played with until the mozzies got too thick.  Then the first small(est) person was up this morning and out the door right away to the cable car.  Guess then he gets to play with it in peace!






It got set up a in a few positions but now has a semi-permanant spot from the wisteria on the fence, to the cardboard cubby house.  Very easy to use, to set up and to move - the kids can move it around themselves if they want to.  The challenge for the kids is to improve their teamwork (aka quit telling each other what to do) and then they could do all sorts of things.  Currently the cargo is 'cars' (metal/Matchbox style) but it won't be long before other treasures head across the line!

4 comments:

Niki Jones said...

You come up with the best things Kristy. My boys have had a wonderful holiday but I am getting very concerned about their ability to amuse themselves. It seems movies tickets, high cost water worlds & expensive video games are all their friends are doing & I struggle keeping the little kids occupied without 'selling out' if you know what I mean. So it is great to see your posts, back to the realness of childhood. Although I have caved & promised Kai a day at the great escape soon. But least their being active, right. HA.

Kristy said...

I do know what you mean. Some stuff we just can't afford to do so that's kinda helpful...

Re Movies I made an agreement with Brooke that she pays half from her money and I pay half. Any more than two movies in a short space of time and she covers the rest.

Don't worry, this is the kind of stuff I LIKE to do with the the kids but it doesn't always work out that it's possible. All about balance eh ;)

Next holidays I am considering a one week screen-free week. I will put a heap of non-screen ideas in the middle of the table (list) and we can go from there. I would be happy with almost zero screens in the house... apart from the laptop lol to do UNI/pay bills and learn ;)

Tricia said...

We have one of those too and love it. Also from Dragonfly toys - we're lucky enough to drive past their real-life store regularly. very dangerous ;-)

Kristy said...

Oh dear... ~that~ would be dangerous!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...