Friday, April 08, 2011

I can see...

THE TABLE! The sewing table that is! yippeee! onward and upward to finish projects. It's not a perfect space by any means, it doesn't have any shelving (it's not a tall wall behind), in fact the wall still has remnants of the doorway that was bricked in when we did the kitchen reno (add it to the 'one day' list, right?) ... but it's a clear space... and that in itself makes it a good space. Ready to take on some 'doing' stuff... of which there is plenty!

The sewing machine is the one my Mum had since I was a Baby... when Mum finally upgraded to a current model for her Birthday, from Dad, I was lucky enough to inherit the 'oldie' and it's a good one too. Had it's service and still chugging along nicely.


The overlocker I bought myself with my very first ever tax return. I made heaps of tracksuits for my (then) first child with it, as well as endless things since including HEAPS of nappies.

And random pic, we had two (family friend) children over the other day as we do same time every week, and this was the lineup of cups for warm Milos...
it made me smile so I took a pic


That's just enough cups for the children & I. lol
Anyway, this weekend will be quite the 'different' weekend but there's plenty to do. I have the 'first draft' of a cake I am honoured to be making for a friend-couple's Wedding. I want to do that this weekend so I can make the second draft for tasting in a week or so, before the final cake to be made in May. I just hope I can meet the expectations/hopes/wishes of the Bride and Groom! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

B's Mom said...

That's awesome. I have to drag my machine out to the kitchen table every time I want to use it. :(

Kristy said...

Yes I remember that well. Annoying isn't it especially if you have to pack up the project you're in the middle of as well!

I know I am lucky to have a machine, a table and a house to put them in. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...