Monday, December 20, 2010

I had a little nutmeg *ahem* I mean 'nut-boat'...

well we do, have a little nut-boat that is... Having nuts in their shells is one of the many things I remember about Christmas as a child. Never silly over the top but always special. So I try and include nuts in their shell in our Christmases now... and since learning through playgroup and our School what things you can make with nut shell halves like little pin cushions from walnut halves, and so on, we always try and make something with the shells, some beeswax and imagination... so here's today's little boat...



I learnt that you have to be very careful when cracking the nut so you don't get a leaky boat! A little time in the oven very briefly with the door open (while something else was already baking in there) to dry the in-need-of-repair-boat and then some more beeswax warmed and softened to be pliable by our hands, and our boat was mended. The beeswax sail I made was too heavy, so lightweight card and a toothpick was added instead.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...