Thursday, November 13, 2008

Success on the sewing front...

For more info on Cloth Pads/Menstrual cups, patterns to make your own pads and so on, check out Obsidian's page.

After making my first few post partum pads without tooo much hassle in the stitch and turn method, I tried making some with overlock finish and ah... well... to say they turned out snot would be an understatement - aint gonna be a mamapad seller here that's for sure! I've gone back to stitch and turn and am much more pleased with the results! It's nice to be not cursing while you're sewing LOL. Just don't look too close at the stitching - I was going fast coz I was so excited it was working haha!

I didn't use a pattern as such, rather chose the pads I have that I like and combined the best features - the length, the width, the wings and so on and have been playing with the length and thickness to adjust it how I think will work best for me. I've also shortened and 'slimmified' one for a pre-teen style or liner. For some reason greens don't seem to photograph well when I'm behind the camera, so here's the print itself (pic used with permission from Jodie) from Nappies Covered where I ordered it and the black suedecloth from. Just need to sew up a batch of these and I can tick 'sew post-partum pads' off the list... mostly! This PUL would also make a very cute nappy cover for a little girl - or wetbag or really anything you can use PUL for. Very pleased with the print and it's actually nice to work with, and it's quite... pliable (?)... it's not stiff anyway which is the way I like my PUL when I'm sewing! And like I said today... if you gotta use the darn things you may as well make 'em funky! That'll be a point of interest at the Birth Centre LOL as well as the nappies and covers for this Little Boy - speaking of whom, here's where he is up to this coming week...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...