Sunday, April 20, 2008

Doll Nappies and Veil-Fruit-Bags...

Well, having finally cleared what is meant to be the sewing table and relocated the machines from where they were holidaying on the dining table, I was very inspired... and well... this is what I made...

a heap of tiny nappies for the dolls at Kindergarten and Playgroup at our school (Steiner school). Fabrics used include sherpa, bamboo, hemp and terry. To the left they're all overlocked waiting to be stitched and turned.


I used the Very Baby pattern, size NB, with no seam allowance and with the top half of the rise removed (to fit the dolls at school). Attached elastic, overlocked leaving opening, turned and topstitched. Then touchtape closure with crossover tab for those littler dolls and of course, only two layers needed because hey...


not too many Waldorf dolls pee! Here's a pic to show what size, that's a business-size card next to the nappy... and how many I made, there's a few waiting for more touchtape. Fun and oh very cute to see them come together... And while I was searching through the fabric box to find some more touchtape I found the remnant fabric from my veil... and well, always planned to make some fruit and vege bags - currently I use string bags but I figured the 'veil' bags would be lighter... so here they are too. Bonus is I already had a little bag that they fit perfectly in so voila!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Aw, those nappies are too cute! Are they for bigger size (16" plus) waldorf dolls, or any size? You've done a great job with them, the kids will love them...I'm sure they'll make great little cloth nappy advocates :)

Kristy said...

Thanks Alicia!
I'll check what size the dolls are in terms of height (I just took in a NB VB nappy to try and modified from there)... :)

Kristy said...

Alicia sorry to take so long to reply, I keep forgetting to measure the dolls, but they would be no taller than 30cm, max...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...