Monday, March 31, 2008

How does Our Garden Grow...

Well at the moment, by itself! It's a fairly tough kinda garden - I figure if it can't survive kids, a nutter Jemma-Dog, and only recaptured water, then it doesn't have a place in our garden! lol
I figured out that just from a stainless steel mixing bowl in the sink, catching water from washing hands, rinsing plates, washing veges etc - I can water the entire back garden.

The vege garden is on hold at the moment, apart from the odd plant here and there. I am so busting to get into it I just need to take a breath, choose a place to start, and ... begin.
The plans I have for the garden are there, just aren't being put into action at the moment - and I know I'm not directing enough time towards them. I have all these ideas and plans in my head but nothing practical, really, done. So I figure if I plan it out, and alot 15mins each day (ala FLYlady) it will get there and truth be told, if I can FLY my way through the areas of the house I haven't finished yet, then I can start on the garden...
although why do I have to finish one first before starting the other, especially when the first is an ongoing 'never really finished' task..?

The main thing I really really want to get done, is Brenna's Garden, and to get the fruit trees in to establish over winter. Really the thing that's preventing it happening is (1) removing the materials that are there, and (2) treating the termites that have moved into the old timber there - it's either a couple of hundred to treat just that lot (which won't kill the nest, which kinda defeats the purpose because I don't want them moving on to the house), OR getting the baiting system done which I really want to do but just can't at the moment... that would be the best solution to protect the entire house and the yard...
anyway... so I have to put a plan in place to work on that. So that's that - phsycial labour needed to move the big stuff (which needs to be wrapped in plastic etc) and getting the termites sorted.
UPDATE: Thanks to R&K for this site link for a DIY installation termite monitoring system... THEN we can truly get right into prepping the ground etc... I so can't wait until we can put a cubby in, and plant the fruit trees - I would really like for it to be ready for Brenna's birthday this September... bulbs in, fruit trees in... I am very hopeful...

We have several plants that are gifts for Brenna's garden, here being cared for while I wait - the two roses Brenna's garden has been given, have flowered and flowered repeatedly, so I know they're healthy, the lime tree has new leaves and shoots every time I look and the Jasmine is out in the rain as I type... I just want to get it all IN... so I can work in it, and enjoy it, so Brenna's garden can finally BE...

The next thing in general is to get fruit trees in around the place to establish over winter - my plan is to plant along the back of the shed, and use the run-off water from the shed roof to water them specifically. Also the run-off from the cubby house roof directed to the fruit trees that will go in Brenna's garden.
So I know what I want to achieve... now I need to make the time, and direct it to happening..!
I was thinking that when Kindergarten starts for Zeke, maybe that could be one thing I can devote my time to while he's there... then once it's all going, we can ALL enjoy that space, Brenna's Garden...

xo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...