Sunday, September 01, 2013

Whole Orange & Chia Cake/Muffins

We had oranges to pick from our young citrus trees this year, for the first time.  They were a little on the 'suck your face inside out' tangy lol so I decided to try this recipe that I had been wanting to try for a while - Whole Orange Cake, by Rhonda over at Down to Earth.

It reall is as it sounds.  The whole orange (minus the seeds) goes in the mix...

Nanna mixing

new tin

I also like the idea of Orange & Poppyseed cake, but with no poppy seeds and wanting to include more chia, so came to be 'Whole Orange & Chia Seed Cake/Muffins'.  I did also have a go at doing a friand tin that had an embellished flower thing on it, but this recipe isn't the right one as a more dense mix is called for.

It's a good recipe and turned out really well - though some silly forgot to get the 'finished' photos before everything got eaten!  If you have a favourite orange and poppyseed recipe please do share :)

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Hi Kristy, I wanted to drop by to return the blog visit and thank you for your kind words about my book.

I have to say those muffins sound really good! I've never used chia before, however. Something I'll need to learn more about.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...