Monday, April 23, 2012

Kill cockroaches without Mortein, Raid etc

or any of the other 'must have' bug killers. I have been meaning to post this for a while then on a forum, someone asked the question. The general response (and what I always thought was the case, reluctantly) was chemicals are the only way for cockroaches. I was reading down ready to post my reply and someone mentioned about tea-tree oil... and I said:

it's funny you should say that because we have had a bug explosion with the humid weather/rain/heat of the last few months - which means ladybugs, grasshoppers, butterflies you name it
but yes, cockroaches too

so up late one night and having nothing else of 'chemical-spray-origin' about, I squirted them with my bench-top spray-wipe which is just eucalptus oil in a squirty bottle (labelled and kept up high) with water in it. So a few tablespoons maybe of eucalyptus oil and then half or so of the bottle of water.

anyway, it worked. I thought maybe it was because it got drowned but I tried it again and again and it's been working ever since. I figure that if you can overpower yourself when you accidentally put too much euc in the loo, then that much in on a bug with tiny lungs like that... well there you go.

anyway, so euc and water in a spray bottle. works. yay!

eta - vinegar, diluted or straight does not work :)
So there you go. Euc and water does work. Brilliantly. Bonus is clear nose for the winter season lol and if you get some on the floors just run over it with the mop and your floors are done too LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. I wonder if it works on flies and moths too?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...