Saturday, January 08, 2011

Blog plodding

So I've been plodding round different blogs finding ideas - as you do. Organising, making rooms over... that kind of thing. Trying out thoughts and seeing which ones might work (since someone else has done them before) and which ones might not...

I like the finishes in this room here - if you click there's 14 photos in the slide show and this was their before picture... pretty good results. Yes, time and money. But you don't have to duplicate it exactly. So I've started to look at a room, work out why it works, how it's pulled together, what the 'key' bits are and seeing what I can come up with at this end... I have decided I need to paint our wooden trims. I really like raw timber but I think everything has a place and with natural flooring (synthetic timber (what a term) and slate), having too much wood doesn't always work... I'd like to do this on our doors - one because it's functional, two because it's appealing to the eye and three - well I think the pretend timber doors have to do something too because it's just another 'timber' and texture that doesn't quite 'fit'... and THIS for our non-existent fire place... [now where did I put that link - ah there 'tis!]...

So the brain is going into overdrive as usual. I'm gonna go ponder ideas over the dishes. Because you know, they'll only be there tomorrow otherwise... and it's not like there's actually basic stuff do like finish painting the kitchen or lounge before I tackle a new idea... ah but you gotta have dreams, right? Sleep happy all!

3 comments:

Niki Jones said...

Kristy, I love that room too.
Really with a little thrifting, a bit of Ikea, a bit of imagination & a whole lot of work, I reckon you could pull it off rather frugally. Can't wait to see the results.

Niki

Kristy said...

you wanna team up Niki? lol I can come help with a room at your place to start?

For us, our back room needs a lot done. I'd need a LOT of imagination, a LOT of Thrifting and the IKEAing would have to wait until after mid year ;) but that's ok :)

Ruth said...

Mmm... I really like that room too! I love the colours and especially love the storage hutch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...