Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cheating at Pavlova but boy it was yum!

Well, Michael and I had the opportunity for cooking dinner together at home last night, just the two of us as the children went to Grandma and Grandad's for their second only sleepover. Well the night didn't quite go as planned but nevermind... Maybe next time. Anyway, the way the night went meant we had dessert in the morning which was (bought) pavlova nests, whipped cream with blueberries in the middle and strawberries on top, drizzled with passionfruit juice and a side of fruit salad of all imaginable kinds of fruit, lychees, grapes, fresh cherries included. Anyway, here's dessert... ah... I mean breakfast. Very nice. Not your usual breakfast but apart from the sugar aspect, really quite healthy when you consider how much and varied fruit was in the fruit salad...

The kitchen is back together now, having had the floor put in we've moved the fridge and the free-standing cupboards back in. The floor has been partly mopped. Both boys have sore throats and Zeke a slight temp, although it doesn't seem to be bothering him too much which is good. Plans this week... oh endless lol but we'll see how much of that comes to be. Lots of sewing to be done. And plenty more other thins besides including hopefully kickboards in the kitchen. Got some red and curly lettuce seedlings today - my 'anti-bug' pak choy have about seen the end of their days (the bugs were eating the pak choy and leaving the lettuces alone, great co planter!) and the bugs are considering beginning their second course on the lettuce. I've noticed though they don't seem to touch the red curly lettuce at all, and barely touch the frizzmo green lettuce, so more of that to go in.
The kids were each given a beautiful quilt by a friend of their Grandparents, so I'll post photos of those shortly. Also in the works is Christmas - redoing my Holiday CJ (since my other was stolen with my bags) and we should be just about set. By this time last year I had all my Christmas prep done, so I'm thinking by the end of the first week of Dec I should be right for this year since I am beginning later this time. Starting the Christmas prep at the beginning of November works well. 'til next time!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...