Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Yep - the simpler things...

How awesome is that the simple things can BE so awesome and truly make, as they say, your heart sing! It's occurred to me a few times of late - 'oh my goodness... I'm going to get to feel this baby full term and moving!'... I know I felt Brenna move a few times, and that's ever-precious. For a while tho, until recently at least I've not realised that I'm actually going to get to feel/experience all those full term things, not like I'd forgotten they happen, but kind of I had... if that makes sense. And 'oh my... there's a new Baby coming home early in the New Year!'... 'WOW!' *big grin* and this sense that you know what, everything can be ok this time...

Oh... and I had a dream the other night and woke up thinking 'there's something important I have to remember, something important I have to remember'... and it's ______. A name! A girl's name at that, and not any of the ones I'd been pondering over previously. And I've never dreamt names before... and I asked Michael and he liked it straight away. Same with Mum. (unusual!) So the boy's name had been long chosen, and now we have the girl's name chosen. Which is something very good - and something I like to do early on - not because we use the name for the Baby or share the name with the world but just part of the 'being ready' and I like to be ready!

Jake is ever-curious about the Baby, and my belly and for a week or so would come and cuddle up more often than normal until I asked him something and he said 'I want to feel the new Baby move Mum'... I said just a little longer yet before he can feel the Baby move. And questions, and loves seeing photos of other people's bellies. He and Brooke have come up with a names suggestion list, and they each talk about 'when the new Baby comes' and so on. It's really lovely.

So we'll be 12 weeks this Saturday, 3 months. We have to wait until 19/20 weeks for the next ultrasound, and then first Birth Centre appointment at about 20/21 weeks. In the meantime I'll see Dr T, who I am liking and I will definately be wanting the doppler each time I see her. So we are really only about 7 weeks away from the next u/s which in one way seems so long away but in another not that far away when I think that will be September and we'll be preparing for Brenna's Birthday... there really is a lot to do before then and I so want to get it all done.

Well... late it is and bed I am looking forward to - clean sheets and pillowcases and a freshly flipped mattress. So I'm off to see whether that makes a difference to sleep tonight.
xo

1 comment:

Missy said...

That is so fantastic. I read Brennas story (over the space of a few days) and you are amazing. What a journey you have had and to be able to carry this baby full term must make you want to burst with excitement.
Can't wait to hear about your U/S :):)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...